Somebody Cares Office Furniture division aims to sell donated office furniture from local industry to other businesses, non-profit organisations, and individuals.
Working to the same circular economy business model as the charity and retail stores, the proceeds of the sales of our Office Furniture is directed back into the charity to allow us to support our clients by providing, household furniture, clothing, baby equipment, toys, household essential, food and toiletries, completely free of charge.
Our Office Furniture division differentiates from other similar organisations as it has no shareholders, pays no dividends and ultimately through its charitable services helps the growing number of local residents throughout Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire who are crippled by the cost-of-living crisis. With showrooms in Altens, Tullos, Bridge of Don, Dyce and Westhill we have an impressive range and variety of stock, from a wide range of high-end electric desks and matching furniture to small desks to fit a home set up. There is something to meet every budget.
COP26 market analysis suggests that a growing number of private and business clients are challenging their own supply chains to be more environmentally friendly, whilst also considering their social and corporate responsibility.
We provide an environmentally sustainable and cost-effective solution for local businesses and individuals to move forward, diversify and recover from the impact of the downturn of the oil industry and the recent pandemic. By choosing to donate or purchase office furniture from Somebody Cares, businesses and individuals can access low prices, reduce their carbon footprint, prevent landfill, and meet their environmental and social responsibilities, all whilst supporting the vital work of the charity.
The drive of the division is to capture and realize the residual value of donated office furniture and equipment which would have otherwise been deemed to be at the end of its life and would have been transferred to landfill. Donations are sorted, refurbished, redistributed, and resold, thus completing the circular economy business model.
We aim to:
- Use the proceeds of sales to fund the work of the charity.
- Extend the lifecycle of a huge volume of donated goods which would have otherwise gone to landfill.
- Provide a low-cost environmentally friendly supply chain option for local businesses and those transitioning within the energy sector.
- Support other third sector organisations and non-profit organisation by providing redistribution of our donated stocks at a discounted cost.
- Support the local economy by creating employment and training opportunities directly and indirectly by employing locally and using local companies to support our services.
- Support Government, Councils, NHS, support workers, and charities, by using the proceeds of our sales to fund the provision of vital food, clothing, and furnishings to those in need in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
- Assist with rehabilitation of unpaid workers, by creating working opportunities.
- Reduce the environmental impacts of local businesses by receiving donated goods.
We are grateful to the following companies who support our work:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Augean North Sea Services
CLAN Cancer Support
Ener - G
MCM O’Drill (UK) Ltd
Presbytery of Aberdeen
Aberdeen City Council
Mental Health Aberdeen
“Somebody Cares has a fantastic selection of high-quality office furniture at really attractive prices, we were able to kit out our entire office.”
Office Furniture Client
“Great service, great stock and all for a good cause”
Office Furniture Client
“We recently furnished our new offices through Somebody Cares and cannot fault the quality. Not only does it benefit us and our steps towards net zero, it also allows us to donate to a fantastic cause.”
EJ Bulman Rab Microfluids
Open: By Appointment
Donations: Email firstname.lastname@example.org